Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Napanee District Horse Club June 29th show

This past weekend I photographed the the riders participating at the Napanee horse show.  What started off with the cancellation of the morning events due to weather turned into a fantastic day for the afternoon gaming events.  I've never really seen gaming let alone photographed it, so it was quite a learning experience to know what the riders want to see in their photos.  Like most sporting events, the competitors want to see a particular look when it comes to their position, and the the horses position. What I thought was a great shot, wasn't so much for the riders, however like photographing weddings, or hockey, its a learning experience.

I am shooting a lot of equestrian events this summer, more then I had ever thought I would, and I am really enjoying it.  The best part, as it is with hockey, has to be seeing the kids faces then they see the photos of themselves on the monitor I have set up at each event.

I am looking forward to photographing the next event in Napanee, and then in Gananoque.  Enjoy some of the photos from the event.

For the riders to view any of their photos online from the day please follow the following link:


Cheers,

Jason





















No comments:

Post a Comment